Saturday, March 27, 2010

Mumbai Airports

5 things I liked:
1. Nice new infrastructure.
2. Good use of sign boards to guide us to different parts of the airport.
3. Free trollies and free rides between international and domestic airports.
4. Fast immigration checks and customs   services.
5. Presence of lounges and vending machines.

10 things I disliked (personal experience):
1. Rude immigration officer.
2. Ground staff demanding "Bakshis" (tip) for everything they do.
3. A security gaurd asking me what did I bring for him and expecting an answer. (My answer was a big awkward smile.)
DOMESTIC AIRPORT:
4. Unclean restrooms.
5. A stray cat running amock at the terminal.
6. A lady creating big fuss and drama after being asked for relevant documents before her boarding.
7. Expensive (by Indian standards) coffees and sandwiches.
8. A gaurd clearing his throat in front of other people and then frequently spitting into a trash can.
9. No wifi, no Internet on the terminal.
10. Too long queues before boarding.   

3 comments:

Karthik said...

Spoilt by american standards :P

Anonymous said...

Sorry for my bad english. Thank you so much for your good post. Your post helped me in my college assignment, If you can provide me more details please email me.

Vishal Khanapure said...

@Anonymous : You are welcome.

Vishal's shared items